What if you can become who you truly want to be? What if you can start that business, that blog, that podcast, get in to that dream job? What if you can wake up every day with excitement for your work and the days ahead? Even on Mondays!
What if you can truly do meaningful work (whatever that means to you) from anywhere in the world and earn as much or as little as you want?
What if you too can travel the world, learn new cultures and explore your interest? What if you can decide to take a break from it all and live in a new country anytime you want? What if you have the freedom to spend time with those that matter the most to you every day?
What if you can truly live your best life every day – at home and abroad?
Take a moment to close your eyes and imagine how incredible that feeling of freedom can be?
Now open your eyes! What was the first thought that came into your mind? Write it down. Be true to yourself no one is judging you.
Did I hear that inner voice of yours speaking to you – ‘Oh if only wishes were horses? Or did it say, Oh yes! I can have that life?
That right there is what we need to recognize, work on and change for the better if we truly want to be Africans Living Fully!
Developing a growth mindset: means believing that your ability can be developed, believe that you tend to improve from where you are now to where you want to be short. Only if you do it with intense passion and with a fervent commitment to learning and acting.
On the other a fixed mindset perpetuates the belief that one’s abilities and qualities are carved in stone, creating an urgency to prove oneself over again. A person with a fixed mindset focuses on how well people tend to think they do, they focus on being right rather than on learning, As Carol Dweck puts it a fixed mindset can negatively affect every aspect of your life.
With a growth mindset, you operate from a state of open-mindedness to learn, discover, make efforts to improve every aspect of your life that you want to see enhanced. A growth mindset begins by taking personal responsibility for your past, current, and future circumstances, with full acknowledgment of your past mistakes, with gratitude for how far you have come yet with proactive optimism to create for a better tomorrow.
Becoming African living fully is only possible when we operate with the constant state of improvement and awareness of the ability to shape our reality and to do so we have to be willing to step into that version of ourselves that is unknown to us. Doing so while we are afraid but yet have a desire greater than fear to test our limits to discover that version.
Here are 7 practical things to get you started to develop your growth mindset today:
- Believe your life can be better than it is now and be willing to have clarity of your vision, as Oprah Winfrey said you don’t manifest what you want, you manifest what you believe in.
- Surround yourself with people who believe in you. There is nothing worse than having toxic negative people in your immediate circle that does nothing else but complain about their lives and ridicules your dreams of growth. Be selfish for once and limit the time you spend with these people and the space you allow them to occupy.
- Define your goals and paint a crystal clear vision of how your best life looks like. Write your goal everywhere to remind yourself every day visually. That way you will subconsciously sink into your thoughts that will drive you to take action.
- Find an accountability partner: Proclaim it, Post it everywhere and share with people you trust who will support you and hold you accountable.
- Take action every day: success is a result of habits. Do one thing daily that takes you a step closer to your dreams.
- Listen for your fixed mindset voice and talkback with a growth mindset
- Start luxuriating in the power of yet: be patient with your process, enjoy it a2nd remind yourself every day that what is yet to happen does not mean it will never happen as long as you continue to exert effort and keep learning.
Do you often find yourself behaving with a growth or fixed mindset in different situations? Sometimes we may find ourselves operating from a fixed mindset on an aspect of our lives, but the awareness of it and the ability to talk back at it with our growth mindset is what makes the difference.
Did you find this article helpful? Do share with your friends and loved ones. Please share with us in the comment section below if you have any comments or suggestions. We would love to hear your feedback.