The Africans Living Fully (ALF) Team is proud to call for applications for Africans Living Fully Contributors. We welcome guest writers, storytellers, and African creatives to be featured on our website and across our digital platforms. We have a special call to career professionals, thriving business owners, coaches, travellers and bloggers to contribute to the ALF community.
We are calling on experienced writers, business owners, career professionals, creatives and storyteller to contribute their stories and lessons learn through writing, video or audio to our blog on empowering Young Africans to pursue careers and life paths that are true and enables them to be limitless in creating the life they want
**Position contributor opportunity as an incubator, network, resource, training, etc. platform. Prioritize them as resources/go-to people for Creative Nights / creative aspect of ALF (is this part of the write up)
WHY BECOME AN ALF CONTRIBUTOR?
- Become one of the early bird voices of retelling the African narrative from a place of strength, freedom and creativity.
- Help us discover untold stories of living heroes and heroines who dare to create a life that is true to them and of service to others
- Get an opportunity for your voice, work and stories to have priority publishing rights across our media platform
- Be a part of a new generation of African entrepreneurs, business owners, creatives and career professionals who share honestly, the truth about their journey to success, living a life of truth and doing work that matters the most to them
- Contribute your quota to solidifying the image of the capabilities of Africans to the development of their countries.
- Get access to exclusive training, networking and career development opportunities
ARE YOU WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Are you a thriving business owner or career professional who wants to share practical tips, guides or lessons learnt on your journey to creating a path that is true to you in a specific field?
Are you currently a writer or aspiring writer who lives to educate, engage, and inspire other Africans or people of African descent to create a life without limitations?
Do you love storytelling or want to practice your storytelling ability by expressing your voice throughout the African continent and beyond?
Do you consider yourself a creative person whose artistry shifts the minds of those you come across?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, our team wants to put you at the forefront of the ALF community. As a contributor, you will inspire a new generation of Africans and people of African descent to take action and embody what it means to be an “African Living Fully.”
As a writer, storyteller, or creative contributor, you are welcome to submit:
- Articles of 1000-2000 words
- Clearly recorded audio notes (up to 3 minutes long)
- Spoken word performances (up to 5 minutes)
Please note: You are required to provide a minimum of 3 high-resolution photos to feature with your contributions per article
We will prioritize featuring those who submit articles under the following:
1. Business and Career
Career development Stories (Stories of Unique careers journey, pivot, successes and challenges)
Practical Business advice (Industry-specific is preferred)
Practical Career advice
2. Future of Work
- Remote Work (Personal Stories, Tips, Guides, Resources, Tools etc)
3. Travel & Culture
- Asserting new narratives
- Experience of a lifetime
- Unexpected Adventures & Experiences
- Stories from or about the Motherland (Africa)
- Why I Travel: As an African or Person of African Descent
3. Lifestyle Design
- Self Care
- Personal Development
- Purposeful Living etc.
We have a high preference for those who submit multiple contributions (at least 3) and have original, unpublished work. If the work is already published, it needs to be modified in accordance with ALF’s Editorial Policy including references to the original source(s).
We encourage you to exercise your creative freedom and judgement. You can submit any form of media as a stand-alone piece, a series or thematic sequence.
All contributors applying are expected to be devoid of plagiarism. We recommend checking for any plagiarism via Grammarly or PD Network platforms. We ask contributors to ensure making references using backlinks where necessary.
Apply here to become an ambassador: https://bit.ly/BecomeALFContributor
APPLICATION DUE DATES/ TIMELINE
The deadline to be part of our first group of Africans Living Fully Contributors is January 15th, 2021.
The first Contributors will be featured starting January 2021 upon completion of submission review by our approval committee.
Please Note: Applicants who apply after this date, will be considered in the next cohort, so send in your applications anyway if this aligns!